Yesterday, August 13th, was
Has anyone of you celebrated it?
INTERNATIONAL LEFT-HANDERS DAY!!!
Last year we brought to you some cool stuff to celebrate this special day and remind others that handedness is still an issue in some countries.
I want to share some things again from last year.
Homepage for this special daywww.lefthandersday.com/www.facebook.com/lefthandersda…
There is this special site about Left-Handers Day! YAY!
There you can find cool memes and informations.
I would really recommend that you look at this special link on their site – facts about Left-Handedness, always interesting: www.lefthandersday.com/tour#.V…They even have a facebook fanpage, if you would like to keep up on things there or want to share some of the pictures on your facebook account!
Here are some fun photos to share with others!
Fun facts about Left-Handedness
• Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things on the left side.
• While many people are left handed, very few are 100% left handed. For example, many Left handers golf and bat right handed. On the other hand, there is a high percentage of righties who are 100% right-handed.
• Lefties are also called "southpaws". The term was coined in baseball to describe a left handed pitcher.
• Tuesdays are Lefties luck day.
• Only about 10% of the population is left handed.
• During the 1600's people thought left handers were witches and warlocks.
• International Left Hander's Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976. It was started by Lefthander's International.
• They say everyone was born right handed, and only the greatest overcome it. (he,he,he)
• It is believed that all polar bears are left handed.
• There is a rumor that octopuses have but one right hand. Scientists are diligently studying this issue.
Do you have any other interesting articles, pictures or videos about Left-Handedness you would like to share with us? Than just put it in a comment underneath this article!On a side-note: We are always looking for new moderators or people who would like to help with the group.
I have to apologize personally, as I was not very active the last months. I am sorry. I will try to be here more often again!!!
But if anyone of you would like to help us as a moderators team, please feel free to contact us!
, leader of The LeftHandedArtists